Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Checking in...




Well, things have been busy around here... there's been a cruise, new ministry opportunities, my sister's pregnancy, grandparents visiting, birthdays. You name it. It has happened. Every day I just feel more blessed!

I can't even express how precious my hubby is to support me and watch kids so that I can take break to hang out with high schoolers, clean house, or SLEEP! I really love sleeping, but I digress. I just looked that up in the dictionary because the spelling of digress didn't look right, but then I was like, "What would it be spelled like?" Needless to say the ex-English teacher was correct. Should I be able to spell if I taught for 4.5 years?!

I just started with a new ministry called Shabby Chic Ministries. Slogan: Vintage Truth Refurbished. Do you love that?! Me, too. Ugh, these women are brillant seminary educated geniuses (you can also say genii, which is hilarious to me). Anyways. Man, I would give myself a bad grade for this writing assignment! We are developing a curriculum for women to teach themselves, or we can come teach it. I am just floored that I have the opportunity to be doing this now- writing and teaching! Heavenly! After the first meeting I came home and cried to Jared that I needed this group of amazing women in my life! Then, the next meeting I came home and cried that these women are going to figure out who I am and kick me out. Lol.

I've been speaking to the youth on Sundays some and heading up the small groups on Wednesday night. I will also be taking care of a friend's baby Mon.-Wed. while she goes back to school. Things are so insane, but my kids are awesome! I'm so pleased that I have the blessing of getting to stay home with them.

Caleb is really trying to crawl, but loves to walk when you hold his hands and really loves to jump when you hold him. The boy hardly ever stays still. He laughs constantly and has the biggest smile. When he just sees his sister, he starts laughing. It is so fun to see sibling interaction. Love it!

Savannah is hilarious! I was talking to her the other day and said as I held up two fingers, "One and one is..."

She replied, "One, Two!"

"Good!" I held up both hands. "Five and five is..."

"Fingers!" she screams. How can you argue with that.

She also loves to sing "Tinkle Tinkle little star... up a bubba world so high." She calls Caleb "Bubba."

She also sang, "Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so. Uncle Ricky him belong!" I tried to convince her she had the words wrong but she insisted they were correct!

Anyways, as you can see, it's "SO FUN" as Savannah would say, ok now I'm going to go spy on all my precious friends. Ande, I miss your blog the most!

10 comments:

PrincessJoylynn said...

can I say it is about time?

Unknown said...

Your sis is prego? That is fantastic!

Crystal said...

I am so glad that you are back. Just love Savannah's haircut and Caleb is getting so BIG!!!!!!

Chris and Jill said...

So great to get an update and awesome new pictures of your adorable kiddos! :-)

Shawna said...

is this really a blog i read from you? love it.

i'm glad you stay at home with the kiddos too...but are you ever really at home? your schedule is crazy! i'm so glad you are working in all of these ministries though and allowing God to use you to mentor and disciple other women. what a blessing that is...and scary. :)

Unknown said...

angel angel has a blog!!!!!!!! i'm so glad to know this!!!

Unknown said...

btw, did you know there's a fun family blog too? megandtheboys.blogspot.com. love ya!

Amber said...

I guess I'd given up on you (sorry) but so happy to have an update. I try to keep up with ours, but it's hard and I don't have any kids! No, no news there yet, don't worry... I'll let you know. We are going to Europe in 6 weeks though!!! Check out my blog.

Love you!!! And your kids are adorable, I hope to meet them sometime!

Abby said...

Way to update! Not like you have anything else to do. By the way, you need to add me to your blog list. I mean, really.... :)

FordeFam said...

Yay!!! How fun is your new Women's ministry name!!! Wish I was closer! :) I'm so glad you updated your blog, too! I check it ever so often in hopes of reading about your adventures!!! :) Fun!