Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A New Plague

We have termites! Ummm, we found a little pile of dirt in our bathroom (looked like a tiny ant hill) because they made a little exit tunnel. So let's get back to the exit tunnel... what are they for you might ask. Hmmm.... Yes, they are so these creatures can FLY OUT OF THE HOLE INTO OUR HOUSE! Why wasn't this one of the plagues on Egypt, because just short of the killing of the firstborn, I can't think of a plague that comes close to this horrible! We are getting them treated and closed up the tunnel with duct tape (hey, the pest guy told me to). Even after we treat them, they are alive for 30 days and could still SWARM! I'm really in freak out mode here, so please pray this doesn't happen. I told Jared we might just have to move if it does! I keep envisioning coming in to check on Caleb and having him covered in termites. Then I try to convince myself that I would actually save my son instead of just running out of the house by myself screaming. Ok, I have to go now and put blood on my doorpost in hopes of having the angel of death NOT VISIT HERE!

10 comments:

Crystal said...

You are so hilarious!!!

Unknown said...

Ha Ha! Maybe they will make a true life video about - "My Life with Termites!" Sounds fun huh :)

Greg, Alissa, Luke and Jack said...

Ugh...I got the chills just reading that. Last year, our house somehow got MAGGOTS in it, so we had nasty huge flies ALL OVER our bathroom for a few weeks. It was AWFUL. I understand the feeling. :)

The Sharpe's said...

You still crack me up!!! :0)

Anonymous said...

ah! i would not be able to deal with that. other than that little problem, i hope all is well. i miss you!

The BURKS said...

Oh man!! This happened at mom and dad's house after we got married, so thankfully, I was away!! YIKES!!!

FordeFam said...

Praying that your uninvited guests make their way OUT soon!!! ;0) So glad that the pest guy knew what to do! I guess you were thankful for duct tape! :)

PrincessJoylynn said...

Thanks for the 'note'. Belated Congrats on Caleb- He's beautiful.

Unknown said...

For the love of Pete - update!

Brenna said...

We need updates! :) Hope you are doing well!!!